Friday, April 23, 2021

Reflections (Earth Day, 4/22/2021)







The poppies march and paint the breeze        
With golden trumpet bells, pointing to the sky.
They present their fanfare as geese fly low
Overhead, overheard; Only me to please. 














A duck sitting on a log, asleep,
Cares not that I invade his space.
I capture the log’s and duck’s reflection
In the side stream from pond to river deep.















The lupin and poppies, and geese for that matter,
Don’t give the duck or log a thought.
As usual, it is I, the human, who disturbs
With my intruding pitter-patter.









Is there but one variable in nature today?
Will balance return only when we go away?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Poetry You got in the way (A Caregiver's respite) Your memories have long since gone away Still, I wait for you to say Through shadows o...