Why must it be so hard to leave?
You know I'm ready. You know I'm
done.
Lingering, burdening, day by day,
With ills and bills my daughter
pays.
Why test now that I believe?
Can there be more that I must do?
Perhaps forgotten or left undone?
I've been daughter, mother, lover,
friend.
I ask, what more? And, to what end?
Is there more than my faith in You?
Why must it be so hard to leave,
When babies join You now?
I'm sorry for my selfish mood.
I'm usually really very good.
Still, why must it be so hard to
leave?
Monday, May 13, 2024
So Hard to Leave
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hickory Nut-Picking (Hocking Hills, Ohio)
We’ll go hickory nut picking the first frost, I know. And again, I know, I won’t want to go. When it’s just too cold to get out of bed Under...
-
I visit Union Furnace, New Plymouth Cemetery, and Tick Ridge Cemetery in Starr Township, Ohio, where my grandfather was born and raised. The...
-
A fence leans westward in the wind As though cursing the beating from the sea. What keeps the fence from falling down On this narrow cape to...
-
I think of you when sunlight Bursts through the clouds after a storm. I think of you when stars in the night sky Whirlpool around the North ...
No comments:
Post a Comment