Friday, May 31, 2024

Happily Ever After

I think of you when sunlight
Bursts through the clouds after a storm.
I think of you when stars in the night sky
Whirlpool around the North Star.
I look for your beauty in each waking instance,
Afraid I’ll miss one passing glance.
 
I must stay, but while you’re away,
I’ll search for the essence of you.
I walk in dark woods and mark
The gentle beating of your heart
In the trickling of a forgotten creek and the
Creak-creaking of Redwoods in the wind.
 
Time heals the wounds of love’s fire and
Steals the blooms in the gardens of desire.
Maybe I’ll stay awhile in my gardens – still,
Without a word, you drop me to my knees,
And comfort me with sweet memories of our
Once Upon a Time.
 
Love is not ended just because you’re not here.
My blessings overflow with love to share.
Your blessings of grace bring tidings of love;
Love that prepares me for living.
You gave me a life, one to be lived 
 
Happily ever after.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hickory Nut-Picking (Hocking Hills, Ohio)

We’ll go hickory nut picking the first frost, I know. And again, I know, I won’t want to go. When it’s just too cold to get out of bed Under...