Tuesday, June 18, 2013

My June 2013 Poems

‘round your eyes

I like shadows on bridges
That look normal to me now.
Then l I turn away, just for a moment,
And the shadows are longer and skewed.

I like the wrinkles ‘round your eyes
That look so normal to me now.
After I’ve been away, just for a time,
The wrinkles do become you.

I like eye shadow on wrinkles
That hides the normal now.
But let me wipe away, just for a moment,
The shadow ‘round your eyes.

Bridge Street Bridge, Fair Oaks, CA – Photo taken: 2/24/2013 – J. Grinstead


5th decade, rebirth:  What’s important to me now

What I want,
Worth more than rhyme;
Just a little more of your time

What I need,
Worth more than sleep;
Just a little more of your time

What I take,
Worth more than gold;
Just a little more of your time

5th decade, rebirth - 24x36 Acrylic on canvas - Nancy Roycroft

http://www.visionsvoice.com/  -  Nancy's Vision / Jerry's Voice

No comments:

Post a Comment

Poetry You got in the way (A Caregiver's respite) Your memories have long since gone away Still, I wait for you to say Through shadows o...