Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Top 9 Idol Guys & Girls - 4/13/2010 My Results

Elvis Night! This will be short and sweet since we're evaluating the same old nine contestants. But it will be easy after last night's performances. A couple stood out as being ready to leave, a few stood out as ready to move into the top 4, and most have improved.

I think the reason there was improvement this week was Adam Lambert. His critique and suggestions were right on and made the performances much better than they would have been.

Here goes from Best to Worst, based on my rating sheet.

#1 Crystal Bowersox - Saved
Crystal never disappoints us. I figured out what it is about her that sets her apart from all the others. The other contestants are up there competing to win the American Idol, 2010. Crystal is up there entertaining us. She is not competing. And because of that, she will win this competition.

#2 Tim Urban - I can't help falling in love with you
Tim scored this week. He vastly improved is act. Most of it is an act, but when he calms down, sings a serious song and shows us he can play the guitar, he is rewarded with a high rating. Good job Time - finally!

#3 Lee DeWyze - A little less conversation
A great song choice for his voice. I think he should have gone electric with this song. That would have improved the performance just a bit, but he sang it well and seemed to connect more with the audience.

#4 Casey James - Lawdy Miss Clawdy
I had not heard this song, but it was perfect for his voice and style. I expect Casey will move back to #2 in the competition because of his consistency, while Lee and Tim will likely not be able to sustain what they showed us last night.

#5 Katie Stevens - Baby what do you want me to do?
Katie sang the song much better than songs in the past. Not too pitchy and she looked much more comfortable up there. She is maturing too. No more prom dresses. A fairly good performance

#6 Aaron Kelly - Blue suede shoes
As usual, too much song for this kid. He is trying to be more that he can be. He is and example of someone who needs just a few more years to be taken seriously. He'll be leaving us soon. And, he and the next 3 are in trouble tonight.

#7 Michael Lynche - In the ghetto
How many times can you say cliche? He was boring, patronizing to the audience as usual, annoying, and not singing as well as in the past. He was almost let go last week, and may be gone again. Luckily, for him, Siobhan and Andrew ruined their chances more.

#8 Siobhan Magnus - Suspicious minds
How to put an audience to sleep in less than 3 minutes. The only thing she does worse than sing is talk. She must be from that part of the country that talks slower than the rest of us here on earth. As I said in a previous post, Ellen called her special. I call her special needs.

#9 Andrew Garcia - Houndog
Where did they get this guy. Amazing that he ever got into this competition. His new book is out "How to ruin a song - for dummies". That was worse than bad. No advice for Andrew other than Don't quit your day job.

Bye-bye Andrew and Siobhan. That's my prediction. If Michael or Aaron go instead, I can't complain.

Yours in idolatry
Jerry

2 comments:

  1. Well, I'm writing this after viewing the results show so I can't legally add my two cents about who's going, but I will say I'm pretty shocked at Katie's departure. I think there were a few people who were more deserving of the boot....namely Special Siobhan and Aaron. We've been waiting for Andrew to go for some time now...so that was no surprise, but I was actually surprised about Katie. Could she have won the whole thing...no, but I think she should have stayed a little longer.

    I completely agree with your comment about how Adam told the Idols what all of us have been yelling at our tv's for the last month. "YOU'RE BORING" Anyway, he was great...especially when he told Lee "there's nothing going on here" (motioning around his face). I loved that! Lee's actually got a great voice but he's not in the recording studio...he's got to add some entertainment to it. He's kind of like. ..uhmmmm...watching paint dry. We also liked Adam's performance last night. The lasers made it a little hard to see that beautiful face, but he definitely puts on a show. Weird song? Yes. Overall performance? Loved it! He could teach them a thing or two about confidence.

    T

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adam was actually there to try and help all of them perform better. He was telling them all what they needed to hear.

    I, too, was surprised to see Katie go last night. Our "special needs" girl, Siobhan, and the hobbit, Aaron, were nowhere near as improved. You'll notice that I had ranked Katie higher than either of them.

    I think Lee has been stirring too much paint in the past. He seems a little affected by the fumes. Sings well, plays guitar ok, but he needs to step it up a tad.

    Adam knows how to put on a show, but I could have enjoyed it more without all the smoke & lazers and fog & weird camera angles. Too distracting for me.

    The strangest thing about this week was Ryan Seacreast's behavior. Talking with Adam about his talented tongue was one thing, but repeating to 17 year old Katie that Ellen thought her song was horny was unnecessary. (oh yea... the brass section she meant). And then almost ruining Tim's song by dancing with some fat guy in the aisle. In the words of Bugs Bunny, "What a maroon!" I think Tim should have stopped his song and asked Ryan to sit down and shut up. And if the judges don't like that, so be it. I bet Crystal could give him 'what-for' in such a situation.

    ReplyDelete

Poetry You got in the way (A Caregiver's respite) Your memories have long since gone away Still, I wait for you to say Through shadows o...