Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Close call for Casey on Idol tonight

Thanks Jake and T for the comments. I think you both should be idol judges.

(Note to T ... I've been practicing Gone, Gone, Gone and am ready to harmonize with you at the party.)

- - - - - - - AH.. - - - AH..
- - - - - by - - - AH.. - - - AH..
- - - Ba - - - - - - - - - - - - - - AH.
- OH

I predict Casey James will come back with a roar next week. No more Mr. Nice Guy. It's time to show them how to do it. He's been slacking off because he can, and now it's almost caught up to him.

I think Aaron or Siobhan should have been the ones to go instead of Tim. Tim learned from his mistakes, but it was not enough to save him. He's one of the happiest losers I've ever seen. He knows he has a future singing and playing, and a gig all summer long with the Idol Tour. (They make more than $150,000 each for the tour, plus all the exposure and a record deal if they want it.) He'll do fine.

As for the show, thankfully, I can pause and come back after a while, and speed through most of it. I did not like M J Blige's Stairway to Heaven. I liked Elton's "Your Song", but dang he is looking old.

Jerry

1 comment:

  1. Well, Jake and I would never be considered for idol judges because we have no muscial expertise, unlike Ellen. But I digress....

    I am interested to see whether Casey will step it up a little, he's absolutely capable of doing so. I think your comments are right on.

    As far as Mary's song, I don't really care for her anyway, but I thought the whole thing was a mess. Jake liked the guitarist Orianthe (who plays on Michael Jackson's This is It) but other than that it wasn't that good vocally. Makes you appreciate some of the late, great bands of the 60's. Elton did look very old...he actually reminded me of Liberace. haha!

    I will be ready to harmonize...I have a clinical group dinner tonight but hopefully will make it home in time...If not, we'll get together during the sound check. Have fun tonight!

    ReplyDelete

Poetry You got in the way (A Caregiver's respite) Your memories have long since gone away Still, I wait for you to say Through shadows o...