Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Top 10 Idol Guys - 3/2/2010 My Results

A reminder that blank ranking sheets are available at http://www.nmrinstitute.com/idol.htm.
Last night the top 10 guys sang. I saw a big improvement over last week for the most part. I don't think any of them were worse, and most of them were better. I used my chart to determine who I think should go this Thursday (I'll use the girls' chart tonight).

My order from best to worst, and their point totals is as follows:

Alex Lambert - 16
Casey James - 16
Michael Lynche - 14
Andrew Garcia - 14
Tim Urban - 13
Aaron Kelly - 12
John Park - 12
Lee DeWyze - 12 (Judges' favorite)
Toddrick Hall - 11
Jermaine Sellers – 9

As you can see, I think Alex Lambert is the best one up there. He has a unique voice and he doesn’t even know how good he is. Casey is way up there because of his appeal, his musicianship and his song choice. The jury is still out on whether he can back that all up with his voice.

Michael Lynche and Andrew Garcia could challenge my top runners if they keep doing what they’re doing and keep improving.

Tim, Aaron, Lee, and John need to step it up a notch. Lee may be the judges’ choice, but I think we’ve heard his best voice and his appeal is not strong. He sounds like a couple past contestants. Been there, done that.

Toddrick and Jermaine need to go. They don’t sing that well and they don’t take criticism well, or learn from it.

Comments?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Poetry You got in the way (A Caregiver's respite) Your memories have long since gone away Still, I wait for you to say Through shadows o...