Thursday, February 11, 2010

Idol Review - 2/10/2010

Nancy was right when I told her I did not watch the group sing-off last night. I recorded it to watch today. She said I had not missed anything. It's just not the real thing until they get down to the top 24 and head into the top 10.

My advice to all of you for next week's Idol shows? Skip them and watch the Olympics. And we have a top notch curling team this year! http://www.usacurl.org. And wouldn't you rather watch ice melt, than watch Simon pretend to be disinterested while he makes $40 Million?

I still have not seen a singer who rocks my world and rolls like a steamroller. I expect they have not put the best singers on TV yet. Why waste them on us now when they can shine in the top 10? And there are plenty of sob stories to tell and plenty of drama queens to exploit.

Will Lindsey Vonn ski or will her injury keep her out? I think it's all a ploy to mess with the heads of all the other skiers. And the network loves controversy and overcoming hardship. If there's no hardship or sob story, then make one up, I say!

Comments?

2 comments:

  1. Yes, and let's not forget the brewing controversy from skater Evgeni Plushenko who's firing barbs at the US skater Evan Lysacek about not including the Quad jump in his routine. While no one can top the Nancy Kerrigan Debacle, Plushenko definitely has started the head games. This is reality tv!
    I loved the men's speedskating too. Apollo doesn't play mindgames, he just gets the job done.
    Tara

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Russians take their figure skating as seriously as the Koreans take their short track speed skating. And for both of those teams, as one NBC announcer said, "Anything less than a gold medal is a failure."

    They seem to lack one quality that the Americans have. Fun. It does not look fun when the Russians and Koreans skate. It looks like a job. But Evan Lysacek and Apolo Ohno make it look fun, as it should be.

    Have fun!
    Jerry Grinstead

    ReplyDelete

Poetry You got in the way (A Caregiver's respite) Your memories have long since gone away Still, I wait for you to say Through shadows o...